Monday, June 23, 2008

Love Letters From My King

For sometime now I have been reviewing my walk with God. I realised that I had been trying to live a life for Christ…without Christ. How have I done this? By doing what I believed was what he wanted me to do, but doing it in my own strength, in my own way and not spending time with God in order to really know what he wanted me to do. For example, I new that he wanted me to be a witness to the world, so whenever any of my friends would ring up, and want to catch up I would automatically say yes. However, I know within my heart that I had not been using the time wisely. Even though a lot of the time I would be a silent witness, I would not honestly and whole heartedly stand up what I believed. When I didn’t agree with something I would not call upon the strength of the Lord to tell them why I did not agree with what they were saying. But, the biggest thing I didn’t do, was pray for them and tell them that Jesus really and truly loved them. I had let my Father down.

I have an absolutely beautifully crafted book called "His Princess: Love letters from your King" by Sheri Rose Shepherd. This book has blessed me so much and helped to repair my once strong relationship with Christ. There was a time in my life - as with most Christians, where I loved to spend time with my Lord and Saviour, where I craved His presence. I would sacrifice so much for His cause, and enjoy it (E.g. Fasting, saying no to doing certain things with my friends, not watching particular movies or listening to certain music). But, as time went by and I became 'used to the Christian world' my light began to fade and I became lax with spending time in His word and obeying His commands. This led me down some very hard paths and caused me a lot of pain. However, as I began to read the 'Love Letters from my King in Heaven' (By Sheri Rose Sheperd) I began to remember the passion and zeal I once had for my Father in Heaven. The feeling of belonging to such a great cause came flooding back and I began to feel a sense of justice once again. I began to recognise that God still loves me and still has a very special purpose for my life.

An so, Id would like to share with you, over time, just some of the "Love letter from Your King" that have so touched my life. Hopefully they will do the same for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Dearest Princess,

I chose you before the foundation of the earth to be My princess. You are royalty even when you don't feel like a princess. I will wait for you until you are ready to start living the amazing plans I have for you. I know you don’t know where to begin or how to become what I've called you to be, so let Me teach you day by day. Start by recognising who I am: King of Kings and Lord of Lords. The lover of your soul. When the two of us meet alone together everyday, I will show you how to let go of the things in your life that are holding you back from the blessings I want to give you.

Remember, My child, just as I have chosen you, I have given you a choice to represent Me to the world. If you are willing, I am here to give you all you need to complete your calling.

Love,

Your King and Lord who Chose You.

"You didnt choose me, I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce
fruite that will last, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for,
using My name."
John 15:16

No comments: